1.Name: Mel, but that's just a nickname. No one calls me Melanie unless I'm in trouble :P
2. Age (Must be at least 13,lj rules): 20... getting old, aren't I?
3. What are your strongest personality traits?: If I put my mind to something I can almost always accomplish the task at hand, I have a good sense of humor (albeit an odd one at that!), I can charm people into doing things for me rather easily... oh yeah, and I'm smarter than the average bear ;)
4. What are some things you do in your spare time?: Play the piano, write fanfic, play guitar, sing, bug my friends, surf the internet (which usually involves bugging my friends), sit alone and think (usually while listening to some form of music), watch my favorite soaps on tv (GH and OLTL).
5. What is one thing that you are really passionate about? I'm sure it sounds cocky, but I'm really passionate about being right all the time... I will fight tooth and nail to prove my point, and I don't stop until everyone in the room believes me. I'm sure you're thinking, "Wouldn't that be embarassing if you were wrong?" The simple answer of course is that it'll never happen... I don't argue unless I know I'm right :P The nicer answer to this question would be my other REAL passion, which is studying to become an MD.
6. What is one thing you would change about the world? Less people. For the most part I don't like anyone I meet during the day, so I think the world would be a better place with less people in it. Ever got stuck talking to someone and all of a sudden you wished you had a "delete" button? Yeah, that's me. 90% of people would have to GO.
7. What are a few of your pet peeves? When people don't believe me when I present all the necessary facts in an argument, people who belittle my opinion (and believe me, I always have one!), insomnia (can that be a pet peeve?), people who get angry with me because I don't finish things the second they want them.
8. Who do you admire? (Don’t put yourself, be creative) Chances are it's a lame answer, but I can't think of anyone else. I admire House (yes, it's sad when your hero is a fake character) the most, because of the field of work he's in (I plan on either studying Pathology or Oncology in med school) and how much he's went through to get to where he is. I see a lot of myself in him, and I use that on my bad days to keep me going.
9. If you could meet any person who would it be? House, if we're talking fake characters here... I'd love to go toe to toe with him for a little while. Other than that I think I would choose Mick Taylor or James Taylor... two of my favorite musicians of all time.
10. Give me a quote that fits your personality: "Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable... It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you... they didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love."
11. What are your future aspirations? As I've said, I'm pre-med and I plan on (hopefully) following through so that I can snag my MD with a concentration in Pathology or Oncology. On a personal level, I don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon... I fully expect to live by myself forever, unless I shack up with a friend.
12. Are you a pessimist or an optimist? I'm a total pessimist, if you haven't already guessed that. The glass is always half empty, and there's really no changing my mind about that... I haven't always been this way, but I don't see myself changing direction anytime soon.
13. What’s more important to you-friends or family? Friends, because I have next to no family. My mom's always tried to support me, but my father has always been somewhat of an asshole... the rest of my family deserted us or died off. My friends are the closest to family I'll ever find.
14.If you were a body part which would you be and why? *snickers* I could get NC-17 on this, but I'll refrain. There may be children around, and I wouldn't want to harm their virgin ears ;) With that in mind, I'd choose to be a hand... specifically, the right one :P I use my hands for so much (piano, guitar, drawing, etc.) and I think it would suit me well... it would be amazing to feel the power flowing through each finger as they landed on the keys.
15.What is your fondest memory? My fondest memory is probably the last time an old flame of mine told me she loved me... I'm still hung up on her, so I guess any memory with her in it fits rather well here. We're perfect for each other, but we can never be together... so goes life, I guess.
16.What are a few of your fears? Winding up alone in the end, being abandoned by someone I love, falling in love and finding myself vulnerable again, and as a totally random fear: clowns.
17.What song/movie/book/fictional character are you most like? I'm not sure if you're supposed to choose one of each, or choose just one category. Either way, I'm going to choose the obvious and say House... From the first episode on I've been watching the character being more and more like me (down to the nature of his relationship with Stacy, which freaked me out to say the least). I'm snarky, I can be an ass when I want to be, I tend to push those I care about out of my life, and I have a warped sense of humor... I could list all the likenesses, but it would get rather monotonous.
18.Who is your least favorite House character? Choosing from the list of stamps you have listed, Vogler or Mark (I can't really choose a lesser of the two immense evils). I hate Vogeler because of his idiotic rules and regulations, and how he tried to take House out because of a personal vendetta... I hate Mark because of the whole House/Stacy thing I explained (oh, and he's a pathetic jerk too).
19.Does it matter if you are stamped as a character of the opposite gender? No, I actually think I SHOULD be stamped as a character of the opposite gender... I'm not at all girly, so I don't know how you could pin me there :P
20.Will you promote the community? Would it keep you up at night if I didn't? Either way, I'm sticking the stamp in my user info so I guess that's promotion, no? :P
Please post at least one clear picture of yourself.
Here's my ugly mug... please excuse the ugly.