2. Age (Must be at least 13,lj rules): 19
3. What are your strongest personality traits? I'm very accomodating. This is due to two main reasons. One, I'm the baby of the family and as such have always been a people-pleaser. Two, I'm really lazy and willing to coast on the decisions of others if there's no reason for me to go against the tide. That's not to say I can't be independent and stand up for myself, but really, why waste the energy if it isn't necessary.
4. What are some things you do in your spare time? I'm highly involved in theater. Despite my hatred and fear ofpublic speaking, something about being on the stage just thrills me to no end. I am also an avid reader. What can compare to the joy of a good book? I also am fairly addicted to playstation games. I blame this on my brother. Kingdom Hearts II is eating my soul.
5. What is one thing that you are really passionate about? There's no way I can narrow it down to one thing. My passion is something that ebbs and flows. One week I'll be an ardent feminist, ranting about inequal wages and how pro-life legislature is reducing women to uteruses. The next week I'm all about gay rights, or human rights. I wrote to my senator all about Global Warming and the decay of our enviroment. When it's not politics that is consuming me, I am obsessed with art history. Especially the Renaissance. Even when I'm not in class(I'm a double major in International Studies and Art HIstory) I read up on biographies of artists, or just general knowledge books about art.
6. What is one thing you would change about the world? Well, I would put an end to that whole pesky genocide thing. But really, who wouldn't? On a more selfish note, I would be thrilled if spiders were just...you know. gone. Creepy things.
7. What are a few of your pet peeves? Ignorance is a big one. I twitch when people make obviously ignorant things. For example, during a class, one girl said 'I don't want to be Catholic, because I don't want to worship the Pope!' I resisted the urge to smash my head against the desk. I dislike it when people have strong opinions about things they don't understand. Do not presume to tell me that the United Nations is a failure when you don't know the first thing about the organization. Er, apparently I'm in a very political mood today. On a less controversial note, I don't like slang very much. Please speak proper English. I'm not picky about little things, Lord knows I have trouble expressing myself at times, but please do not mix the word 'done' with 'I' and so on. "I done good" is reason to shoot yourself.
8. Who do you admire? (Don’t put yourself, be creative) Al Gore. Yes, he went all crazy after the 2000 election, however, I was reading up on his Senate voting record, and he's made some very good calls. Like any politician, he's made some really stupid ones too, but overall I approve. Also, his tireless campaigning for the enviroment I find refreshing. Along the same vein I admire George Clooney and Bono, for using their celebrity for a good cause.
9. If you could meet any person who would it be? Dead or alive? Dead, it would be Leonardo Da Vinci. As talented as Michelangelo, but without Michelangelo's diva temperment. For themost part. Alive, it would be Billy Joel. But I would be way to scared to talk to him, I would just bask in his Billy Joel-ness.
10. Give me a quote that fits your personality: We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
- Charles Bukowski
11. What are your future aspirations? Finish college. Pay for said college. Get a job that will sustain me and won't drive me insane. I'm a simple person with simple needs, really.
12. Are you a pessimist or an optimist? I'm an optimist on the surface. I tell myself things will get better, just to perserve my sanity. However, I also take a very 'if I don't hope for it, it won't hurt as much when I don't get it' attitude towards my own abilities.
13. What’s more important to you-friends or family? Family. Friends are important, but family will always be there for you. I cling to my family, they're my rock. No one will ever love you more than your family.
14.If you were a body part which would you be and why? Well, I'm a Taurus, so that would lead me to say neck. I do like a nice graceful neck.
15.What is your fondest memory? Running around the streets of Jesolo, Italy. I was with an academic group, and we had some free time. Jesolo is this gorgeous little beach town on the Adriatic, and they were having some sort of street festival. So a small group of us just spent the night shopping and having a nice time. It was lovely.
16.What are a few of your fears? The future, being alone, spiders, tornadoes...aliens. Zombies. Zombies are a big one. I mean think about it, there's nothing you can do about zombies. They just keep coming. and coming. It's basically just a waiting game until you die a very horrible painful death. That would suck.
17.What song/movie/book/fictional character are you most like? The Barenaked Ladies have a fantastic song called "For You", and everytime I hear it, I think. Yeah. That's me.
I will give you all I could ever give
Though it's less than you will need
Could you just forget if you can't forgive
all the things I cannot concede
and for every useless thing that I know
there's a reason not to care
if I hide myself wherever I go
am I ever really there?
18.Who is your least favorite House character? Stacy got old for me really fast. It's not that I dislike her, I simply thought that the whole 'still in love with the ex' thing got stale.
19.Does it matter if you are stamped as a character of the opposite gender? Not really. I'm all about equal opportunity rights, remember? ;)
20.Will you promote the community?Sure
Please post at least one clear picture of yourself.
I'm the one with the kitty ears. Me~ow